FAST Classes: Spring 2017
We have heard your requests and are excited to let you know that this spring we will be offering more of a variety of FAST classes. Instead of the traditional 10-week sessions we have offered, you can choose 16- or 8-week classes. We will offer registration for STEM related classes Tues, Dec 2nd - Sat, Dec 5th. All other registration will open Mon, Dec 7th through Thurs, Dec 10th.
- December 2nd - STEM related registration opens (16 week classes and 1st Session)
- December 7th - All other FAST registration opens (16 week classes and 1st Session)
- Week of January 11th - FAST Classes will begin (16 week classes and 1st session classes)
- February 4th - STEM related registration opens for 2nd Session Classes
- February 10th - All other FAST registration opens for 2nd Session classes
- Week of March 7th - 1st Session of classes end
- Week of March 14th - 2nd Session classes will begin
- Week of May 9th - All FAST classes will end
Pick Up Guidelines:
All FAST students must be registered for Sope Creek’s After School Program (ASP). Completed paperwork, along with the $10 yearly registration fee is required prior to participating in all FAST classes. ASP paperwork can be completed at Meet and Greet. The forms are also in the front office.
If a parent is more than 10 minutes late for pick-up, that student will be sent to ASP and they will be charged the $7.00 daily ASP rate. Parents will pick-up FAST students from their FAST teachers outside of the assigned school entrance (see FAST schedule for location). Parents will be required to show a photo ID.
Transportation Note Guidelines:
A transportation change note is ONLY necessary if you have chosen:
- Parent pick-up during FAST registration, but your child is going to ASP that particular day.
- Parent pick-up during FAST registration, but your child is NOT attending the FAST class that particular day.
- ASP during FAST registration, but you are picking up your child after the FAST class.
The same behavior expectations apply in the FAST classes as during the regular school day. All Cobb County School District policies in the student handbook apply to each FAST class. Inappropriate behavior will result in the withdrawal from the FAST class. A refund will not be given. Students will be withdrawn from the FAST class for the following reasons: 2 late arrivals to the FAST class, Discipline problems or at Principal’s discretion.
*No FAST Classes on the following weeks: Sept 21st-24th, Oct 19th-22nd or Nov 21st-26th
**Inclement Weather: If the school closes for inclement weather during the school day, all afternoon FAST classes will be cancelled. There will be no make-up classes and no refunds.