For the 2nd consecutive year, the Foundation will raise funds through the "Check It Off" campaign. This simplified and streamlined campaign provides the bulk of our funding for the school year. Last year, Sope Creek families contributed over $60,000 in donations to this campaign.
These funds allowed the Foundation to purchase items such as:
- A new sound system for the cafeteria
- Targeted professional development training for our faculty and staﬀ
- Technology upgrades throughout classrooms, the Learning Commons and STEM Lab
First and foremost, education is of the highest importance for our children at Sope Creek! We are hoping that you will make an investment in your child's educational future along with payments made to other sports and activities. Our suggestion is a single-donation of $75 per child but any amount is well appreciated.
A few items administration has asked us to consider for 2016-17 include:
- GoPro/Movie Lab for movie production and editing
- Schoolwide subscription to Tynker, a coding software for K-5 students
- Weatherbug, a fully automated Weather Tracking Station with standards-based learning for grades K-5
- Continued financial support to help Sope Creek achieve STEM certification
- Teacher enrichment and technology development
Please review the attached brochure to learn more about this Campaign; what it helped us accomplish last year and our plans for the funds this 2016-17 school year.
Donations can be made by:
- Mailing a check with the attached form to: Sope Creek Elementary School Foundation, Inc; PO Box 681691, Marietta, GA 30068-0029
- Sending through your child's book bag when school begins
- Visiting our table at Meet and Greet
- Paying by credit card by visiting www.pay4schoolstuff.com
For questions about the Foundation, please contact our Co-Presidents Kristy Flowers and Barbara Malone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to Brendel's Butterflies! The first grade class earned a Waffle House breakfast for having the highest overall participation in Check it Off!