What the Foundation funded during the 2017-2018 school year:
• 60 iPads and iPad cart, 30 laptops and laptop cart (with PTA)
• Tutoring for reading, 1st and 2nd grade students
• Writing workshop for teachers (all grades) at the Teacher’s College, Columbia University
• Aquaponics program (all grades) - a food growing technology that brings STEM into the classroom
• Ozobots and Spheros for 2nd grade, for beginners’ coding
• PE incentives
• RAZ kids (reading software)
• Breakout EDU for 5th grade (puzzles requiring teamwork and critical thinking skills)
The Sope Creek Foundation has one goal: to raise money to benefit all Sope Creek students. Nearly every dollar raised by our organization goes directly back to the school. From helping our children gain fluency and confidence in their reading skills to building the future engineers in our community with STEM-related content, the Sope Creek Foundation is able to maximize your donation by working with the administration to purchase products and service that benefit every child in our community.
How are we able to do this? Through your generous ONE TIME donation! Rather than asking your family to sell raffle tickets or purchase products, we simply request a single donation for the entire school year.
We hope you will consider investing in your child’s educational future with a minimum contribution of $125.00 per family. However, we encourage each family to give at a level that is meaningful to them. Thank you in advance for your support of our Foundation, our school and our children.
For Questions about the Foundation, please contact our co-presidents, Amanda Moulthrop and Tricia Pohlmann at email@example.com.
What other great things has the Foundation funded in the past?
- The Track and Trail system
- The Learning Commons
- Orton-Gillingham Training
- The school marquee
- iPads and laptops
- WeatherSTEM station
- Teacher trainings
- Nurses Conference
- School Counselor Conference
- Art Day (in cooperation with PTA)
- Water Bottle filling stations
- ·3D printers
- And so much more!