Welcome to the Sope Creek Foundation FAST Program. We are excited to bring over 50 opportunities for your child to participate in after‐school enrichment programs. Classes will meet for 12 weeks; from January 22 through the week of April 25th.
Not only do these classes help to enrich the educational experience for students, 12% of the proceeds from all classes go back to the Foundation which we then give back to Sope Creek Elementary through grants for our school. A win‐win for everyone!! Please email us with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration for the 2018 SPRING FAST classes (except for Kid Chess) is completed online only through pay4schoolstuff.com. Registration for Kid Chess has already begun at kidchess.com.
Registration for classes will open Friday, December 8th at 9:00 pm and close Friday, December 15th at 9:00 pm. Classes fill up quickly!
• Registration is open for 1 week to accommodate all family schedules. Please register during this period as there is no registration after registration is closed regardless if there is an opening in the FAST Class.
• A parent account must be established before registering.
• Each child must be registered to this account.
• FAST classes can be viewed by class, day, time and grade.
• All class details for the FAST classes will be available on this site, as well as on the Foundation website.
• Once registration is completed, there is a no‐cancellation policy and you will not be allowed to switch classes.
• All FAST students must be registered for Sope Creek’s After School Program (ASP). Completed paperwork, along with a yearly $10 registration fee is required prior to participating in ALL FAST CLASSES. ASP paperwork can be picked up in the Front Office.
• If a parent is more than 10 minutes late for pick‐up, their student will be sent to ASP and they will be charged the $7 daily ASP rate.
• Parents will pick‐up FAST students from their FAST teachers outside of the assigned school entrance.
• Parents should be prepared to show a photo ID.
Transportation Note Guidelines . A transportation change note is ONLY necessary if:
• You have chosen parent pick‐up during FAST registration, but your child is NOT attending the FAST class that day.
• You have chosen parent pick‐up during FAST registration, but your child is going to ASP that day.
• You have chosen ASP during FAST registration, but you are picking up your child after the FAST class.
• All transportations changes MUST be made by 1:45 pm.
The same behavior expectations apply in the FAST classes as during the regular school day. All Cobb County School District policies in the student handbook apply to each FAST class. Inappropriate behavior will result in the child’s withdrawal from the FAST class. A refund will NOT be given. Students will be withdrawn from the FAST class for the following reasons:
• 2 late arrivals to the FAST class
• Discipline problems
NO FAST Classes during the following weeks:
• Winter Break: Feb 19-23
• Spring Break: April 2-6
Inclement Weather Policy
If the school closes for inclement weather during the school day, all afternoon FAST classes will be cancelled. There will be NO make‐up classes or refunds.